Friday, June 17, 2011

Flying Friendly Skies

I know many people say they hate O'Hare airport, but I really rather like it. Thousands of people running, walking, and tripping that maze of terminals and concourses. The buzz of conversation is constant, the energy and excitement (or anxiety for some) is contagious, and the pierce of that Sweet Home Chicago accent is music to my ears.

I've slept there, I've sprinted down the halls, and spent from 5 mins to an hour with friends when our paths had fortuitously crossed. Sure, I've gotten stuck there a few times and had a heart attack there once or twice, but you love a place for all of it; the ups and downs, right? For me, the bottom line is that no matter where I go, no matter what I do, I know I'm one flight away from home.




No comments:

Post a Comment