Friday, February 8, 2013

Paradise Island



Who doesn’t love a tropical island paradise? Long, white sand beaches. The sound of the waves. Big, fluffy clouds.


My previous trip to this beach seemed like ages ago. The sand was just as hot, the sky just as beautiful, and the water just as cool. My senses told me I knew this place, by my mind was slow to remember. Like waking from a dream, 8 years is a long time from which to pull memories back.


Standing there, in what could modestly be called a paradise, was a perfect moment. Memories of my sisters from last time, present company of screeching cousins being chased by waves this time, and the beautiful backdrop to the start of another wonderful evening.


I think one of the best things about the Bahamas, and countless songs agree, is the ability to forget everything beyond the horizon. Money, gadgets, fancy clothes all are nothing to bare feet, wild windblown hair, and not a dime in your pocket.  For once to be satisfied to overflowing with what is directly in front of you. Watching the absolute joy of a 6 and 9 year old run from the waves.


No comments:

Post a Comment