Thursday, April 7, 2011

Confession: I'm an Addict

When I heard that my family was going to be taking my little sister to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I knew I had to be there. Not because it would be a chance to see my family for the first time in months. Not because they were going to be visiting the sunny state of Florida. But because I needed to see, touch and experience a world that, until that point, I had been separated from by either screen or page. You see, I, am a Harry Potter addict.

I feel no sense of shame or bashfulness about this fact. It is something I have come to embrace about myself and something that has punctuated my life with many of its highlights. From the Half Blood Prince book release in Oxford, England to dressing up to the Deathly Hallows release in Wisconsin, I have had a wonderful time studding my childhood, and now early adulthood, with the characters of that series. But nothing has come close to the joy I felt upon rounding the bend in the Island of Adventure path and seeing the Hogwarts Castle rise up from below the treetops. My heart skipped a beat, my breath quickened and my trigger finger flashed to my camera. I have a feeling the next couple of posts will be sharing a few of my many favorite.

Enjoy the magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment