Saturday, April 30, 2011

Food is Beautiful

I have no idea why I like taking pictures of food so much.

Maybe it's because I think entirely with my stomach. I'm out with my friends getting a drink, I snap a shot of the condensating glass in the dimmed candlelight. I'm out with my boyfriend and make us both wait to diving in in order take a picture of the cheese sampler. I love food. And I also think it is beautiful. When a photo is so well done that you can't help but salivate at first glance, it's done its job. Not to say that these will do that for those who weren't there...which would be all of you. But for me anyways, they preserve the senses of the moment for that much longer.

The twinge of the cheese. The spray of a bursting sparkling wine bubble. The clink of fingernail on glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment